Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"There's nothing hard about writing. All you have to do is sit down and open up a vein." -Walter "Red" Smith

I somewhat agree with this quote. For some people, writing comes naturally. The words flow out and make poetic sentences, whether describing their emotions or just telling a story. On the other hand, there are people that are great writers but it takes them time and hard work to produce a satisfactory end product. For me, I love to write but it does take time for me to be satisfied with what I have written. I'm sure there are people out there that feel like writing is something to terrible and difficult that it is like "opening a vein." Sometimes certain people are better at writing specific things. For example, I love writing poetry and I think I am good at it however when it comes to putting a simple sentence together (to sound the way I want it to) it could take me forever. Everyone is different, with different levels of thinking and vocabulary skills, therefore some find it harder to write...and some just plain don't like writing!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

i completely agree with you! Its difficult sometimes to write but once you get started the possibilities are endless!